School Lunches from Around the World
1. Japan. Fried fish, dried seaweed, tomatoes, miso soup with potatoes, rice in a metal container, served with milk.
2. Israel. Falafel, pitta chips, yoghurt and cucumber sauce, with green leaves.
3.Finland. Salad, chicken curry and pudding, string beans and carrots, served with milk.
4. Czech Republic. Semolina and vegetable soup, beef with garlic, spinach and potato dumplings, an orange.
5. Brazil. Meat in BBQ sauce, rice, green salad, pudding, and a strawberry juice.
6. Barcelona, Spain. Tomato fusilli, deep fried fish, salad, bread, and an apple.
7. France.Fries and nuggets with broccoli, bread, pasta salad, and a slice of cake.
8. South Korea. Pickled sesame leaves, kimchi, doenjang (a soybean paste) stew served with rice and a side of grapes.
9. Austin, Texas. Turkey taco salad, mashed potatoes, peach cobbler, and iced tea.
10. Sweden. Potatoes, cabbage, and beans, served with a cracker, Lingon Berry juice to drink.